[Trisquel-users] Why does Trisquel uses own mirrors, bulids own packages?

andyprough at protonmail.com andyprough at protonmail.com
Thu Jul 4 19:38:49 CEST 2019

 > And so since Canonical adds add (non-free) terms to non-copyleft things,
that basically makes all non-copyleft stuff in Ubuntu non-free just because
they're adding on extra terms to them.

I'm sure this has been debated before by smarter people than me, but wouldn't
it make sense in the long run to ditch Ubuntu and their weird practices and
just work from Debian packages? I would imagine that for many packages,
Trisquel's devs are having to strip out Ubuntu stuff that didn't even exist
and wasn't even a problem with the original Debian package.