[Trisquel-users] Italian administration goes Open Source, and that will benefit Free Software

vanacksabbadium at gmail.com vanacksabbadium at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 11:25:25 CEST 2019

I'm italian, so this is an amazing news for me as an italian citizen.
However, i know italian people. We say "fatta la legge, trovato l'inganno",
that means literally "created the law, found the trick". When the article
says that "public administration MIGHT use proprietary software but it has to
justify it", i read it as "everyone will found a way to use proprietary
software by finding excuses to not use free and open source software". Why?
Because that's how italian people usually do things. And that is sad and
shameful.

I hope someone will care about open source enough to make a statement and a
change in italian administration, which is very obsolete (some offices still
use Windows XP...) as today.