[Trisquel-users] No Wi-Fi on Asus Zenbook UX305

andyprough at protonmail.com andyprough at protonmail.com
Wed Jul 3 04:50:12 CEST 2019

You probably have the Intel 7265 wireless chip with that Zenbook UX305, which
I do not think will run without the proprietary Intel driver. As Magic Banana
said, you might want to look into a wifi USB card. ThinkPenguin sells some
with the Atheros AR9271 chipset that will run with the libre-linux kernel.
You can also look at other online shops for a USB wifi dongle with Atheros
AR9271 - ebay sells a lot of them. I've also found them at my local discount
computer parts stores, if you need one fast you can call around and ask.