[Trisquel-users] Problems installing GNU Health on Trisquel 8

mason at masonhock.com mason at masonhock.com
Tue Jul 2 01:29:57 CEST 2019

> thank you very much for your comments. I will forward them to the GNU
> Health team so that we can find the better way to install GNU Health
> on Trisquel (.

It would be good to come up with a convenient way to install GNU Health
without relying on a third-party repository. It seems contradictory for
a GNU program to rely on a method of distribution that is incompatible
with the GNU FSDG.

If the developers have interest in packaging GNU Health for Debian
(either for inclusion in Debian, as a PPA or apt repository, or as a
standalone .deb file), that would make it much easier for Debian and
Debian-based distros like Ubuntu, Trisquel, and PureOS to include GNU
Health. An AUR package might also be a good idea for Arch and
derivatives like Parabola and Hyperbola. If GNU Health is part of the
GNU project, it seems it would make sense for it to be packaged for
distributions of GNU.