[Trisquel-users] Transmission won't connect to trackers in Trisquel 8

strypey at disintermedia.net.nz strypey at disintermedia.net.nz
Mon Jul 1 18:25:31 CEST 2019

I've been making a lot of use of BitTorrent since I moved to China, since a
lot of streaming services either aren't available here, or their performance
is poor on the weaker net connections we tend to use here. A couple of days
ago Transmission stopped working. It won't seed finished torrents and stopped
downloading a half-finished torrent. When I add new torrent, it won't even
fetch metadata. I've tried both with and without the VPN connected, same
result.

After a bit of web searching and poking around, I found two things that seem
to be part of the problem. The torrents won't connect to trackers. Also, when
I click 'test port' under the 'port for incoming connections', it says that
the port is closed. AFAIK I haven't changed anything that would have closed
any ports, other than downloading the usual system updates. My system is 100%
up-to-date as of today.

Does anybody have any advice about how I can get Transmission working again?