[Trisquel-users] Icecat seems very outdated, what browser *should* one be using?

mason at masonhock.com mason at masonhock.com
Wed Feb 27 05:29:19 CET 2019

 > But I actually believe he added that path. 'echo $PATH' does not include
~/local/bin on my system.

~/.profile does contain these lines

# set PATH so it includes user's private bin directories
PATH="$HOME/bin:$HOME/.local/bin:$PATH"

but I am pretty sure that I did not add them. I just booted into a live
Trisquel ISO and ~/.profile contains the same lines, and the output of "echo
$PATH" includes /home/trisquel/bin and /home/trisquel/.local/bin

Did you perhaps upgrade to Trisquel 8 from Trisquel 7? Maybe the default
~/.profile only contains these lines in Trisquel 8.

In any case, it seems I should not assume that everyone has these directories
in their path.