[Trisquel-users] Re : Icecat seems very outdated, what browser *should* one be using?

lcerf at dcc.ufmg.br lcerf at dcc.ufmg.br
Wed Feb 27 04:56:45 CET 2019

A1. It is indeed what the command does.  I believe chaosmonk suggested that
directory because he has ~/local/bin listed in his PATH variable.  At least,
that is what I get from "After this you can run "icecat" in a terminal to
launch Icecat".  But I actually believe he added that path.  'echo $PATH'
does not include ~/local/bin on my system.

A2. It creates/overwrites the file ~/.local/bin/icecat with the line
"/home/$USER/icecat/icecat".  In this way executing that file will execute
/home/$USER/icecat/icecat (the shell will first substitute $USER with your
login).