[Trisquel-users] Re : Trisquel continuously crashing, the state of the FOSS community

lcerf at dcc.ufmg.br lcerf at dcc.ufmg.br
Mon Feb 25 01:45:49 CET 2019

Like jxself, I have been administrating several Trisquel systems for nearly a
decade: a breeze.

About your syslog ('journalctl' could remove the mere notices...), those
lines are repeated many times:
Feb 24 13:38:52 redbeard systemd[1]: Received SIGTERM from PID 1927
(killall).
Feb 24 13:38:52 redbeard systemd[1]: Reexecuting.
Feb 24 13:38:52 redbeard systemd[1]: systemd 229 running in system mode.
(+PAM +AUDIT +SELINUX +IMA +APPARMOR +SMACK +SYSVINIT +UTMP +LIBCRYPTSETUP
+GCRYPT +GNUTLS +ACL +XZ -LZ4 +SECCOMP +BLKID +ELFUTILS +KMOD -IDN)
Feb 24 13:38:52 redbeard systemd[1]: Detected architecture x86-64.
Feb 24 13:38:52 redbeard systemd[1]: Started ACPI event daemon.
Feb 24 13:38:52 redbeard systemd[1]: Started CUPS Scheduler.
Every second in fact.  I believe it is a consequence of your "script that
restarts indicator-application-service every single second".  I do not
understand why you want to blame "indicator-application-service" or
"systemd".  Would you care to explain?

When a crash occurs, your syslog does not contain any error but, sometimes, a
sequence of unprintable characters.  That is why, like chaosmonk, I would bet
on an hardware issue.  Probably the RAM.  Have you tested it?  Memtest86+ is
in Trisquel repository and on some live ISO (but not Trisquel's).