[Trisquel-users] Display Properties, AMD Ryzen 3 2200G, Kernel Update

z8wf92shnp at liamekaens.com z8wf92shnp at liamekaens.com
Fri Feb 22 03:51:14 CET 2019

Transitioning from Win10. Installed Trisquel mini on my PC, built on AMD
Ryzen 3 2200G. Won't give me change display properties from 1024x768. My
monitor easily does 1920x1080.

I read somewhere that I should install the latest linux-libre kernel.
Followed the instructions here:
https://trisquel.info/en/forum/how-install-latest-linux-libre-kernel-trisquel

Everything was good until the last step: sudo apt-get install linux-libre

Got this error:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:linux-libre : Depends:
linux-image-4.20.11.gnu but it is not installable.

To be honest, I've reformatted the partition 3 or 4 times to start from
scratch. Each time, same error.

I'm a Linux noob. I can follow a recipe, but I can't say I know what
everything means.

Help?