[Trisquel-users] Libre.fm and Rhythmbox

trisquelwhare+trisquelinfo at gmail.com trisquelwhare+trisquelinfo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 13:20:22 CET 2019

The internet radio streams from Jamendo are very good, and they target many
specific music genres. However, I'm using Starfrosch instead mostly at
present, as I prefer to use an external player rather than a browser-based
player. The Icecast / Shoutcast streams from Jamendo are not working properly
right now, and it looks like¹ they haven't worked since at least December
2017. Jamendo state on their developer website² that they intend to address
this problem "during quarter 3 of 2019". Once this is fixed, I'll look
forward to setting up the Jamendo internet radio streams for myself in Quod
Libet.

For now though, Starfrosch suits my needs. They have three radio streams³
available, including 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗳𝗿𝗼𝘀𝗰𝗵
𝗥𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗼 𝟭 which is a mix of genres,
	𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗳𝗿𝗼𝘀𝗰𝗵 𝗥𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗼 𝟮  which is
mostly electronic / EDM music, and 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗳𝗿𝗼𝘀𝗰𝗵
𝗥𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗼 𝟯  which is mainly hip-hop & RnB music. The feed
addresses are easy to obtain from their website, but be aware that they use a
proprietary back end (SHOUTcast) and a proprietary format/codec (MP3) rather
than freedom-respecting Icecast and Ogg Vorbis options.

----
[¹] https://groups.google.com/d/msg/jamendo-dev/fhJoRyy-pnc/Ts9ZIRcsBQAJ
[²] https://developer.jamendo.com/v3.0/radios/stream
[³] https://starfrosch.com/radio/