[Trisquel-users] Libre.fm and Rhythmbox

Mason Hock mason at masonhock.com
Wed Feb 20 18:46:39 CET 2019

> Clients to play last.fm music haven't worked since about 2010. There are
> still some clients which claim they can "scrobble" to last.fm (list the
> tracks you played on your desktop to the last.fm list of played tracks),
> but none of them will actually play the music in quite a few years in my
> experience. I expect libre.fm is the same - you probably won't get
> rhythmbox or any other client to play the music streams.

That's disappointing. The Libre.fm wiki recommends clients for various
platforms. I'm not sure why if none works. I'll bring it up there.

> I simply use the libre.fm web player to play the tracks and find and
> download music.

Yeah, I've tried to make sense of the web interface. Is there any way to
make use of the scrobbling data to recommend new music? If not, what is
the point of scrobbling? Why collect data that isn't used for anything?