[Trisquel-users] Libre.fm and Rhythmbox

andyprough at gmail.com andyprough at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 16:27:48 CET 2019

@chaosmonk -
 > If I create a radio station by entering an artist's name, the station
 > appears in Rhythmbox's sidebar under Libre.fm, but attempting to use it
 > gives this error: "Error tuning station: 3 - Invalid Method - No method
 > with that name in this package". Even though I'm not interested in using
 > Last.fm, I made an account to see if I got the same error, and I did, so
 > I suspect that the problem is in Rhythmbox and not Libre.fm.

Clients to play last.fm music haven't worked since about 2010. There are
still some clients which claim they can "scrobble" to last.fm (list the
tracks you played on your desktop to the last.fm list of played tracks), but
none of them will actually play the music in quite a few years in my
experience. I expect libre.fm is the same - you probably won't get rhythmbox
or any other client to play the music streams.

I simply use the libre.fm web player to play the tracks and find and download
music. It is a fantastic service with a lot of really good undiscovered
music. I use it quite often, and have downloaded a lot of free tracks.

@supertramp -
 > I don't use any and I also do not have an account on libre.fm but a quick
search turned out:
 > https://packages.debian.org/stretch/zomg
 > https://packages.debian.org/buster/mpdas

zomg hasn't been updated since 2008, and doesn't appear to be maintained at
all. I highly doubt that it works. In reading through the old bug reports, I
wonder if it ever worked much at all.
mpdas does not claim to play the music, only to "scrobble" it, or list your
played tracks to the last.fm or libre.fm websites.