[Trisquel-users] Libre.fm and Rhythmbox

Mason Hock mason at masonhock.com
Sun Feb 17 01:26:06 CET 2019

I have made a Libre.fm account and am trying to get it to work with
Rhythmbox. I was able to sign into Libre.fm through Rhythmbox and can
see my username and a list of recently listened tracks (which I listened
to through the Libre.fm web player). I also see the option to create
radio stations. However, I can't get anything to work.

If I create a radio station by entering an artist's name, the station
appears in Rhythmbox's sidebar under Libre.fm, but attempting to use it
gives this error: "Error tuning station: 3 - Invalid Method - No method
with that name in this package". Even though I'm not interested in using
Last.fm, I made an account to see if I got the same error, and I did, so
I suspect that the problem is in Rhythmbox and not Libre.fm.

If I click on one of the recently listened tracks, I am shown the
options "View on Libre.fm", "Listen to Similar Artists Radio", and
"Listen to Top Fans Radio". The latter two options create radio
stations, that when used give the same error as the manually created
ones. "View on Libre.fm" opens a link in Abrowser. What's interesting is
that Abrowser tries to go to "http://https//libre.fm/artist/...", so I
guess that the link Rhythmbox gives is "https//libre.fm/artist/..." with
a ":" missing after the "https". I wonder if this is related to any of
the other problems.

I'm not sure whether the "Love", "Ban", or "Download" buttons will work,
since I can't get anything playing.

Has anyone gotten Libre.fm working with Rhythmbox? I'm also open to
an alternative client if someone has had more success with one.