[Trisquel-users] I need CWirc packaged

Mason Hock mason at masonhock.com
Sat Feb 9 23:30:17 CET 2019

On 02/09, Caleb Herbert wrote:
> I already tried the deb.

And I'm guessing it didn't work because you were missing dependencies?
It wants xchat and xchat-common, which as discussed aren't in
Xenial/Flidas.

You can try to grab deb files for xchat and xchat-common, and any
dependencies of those, etc. One of two things will happen:
- eventually all dependencies are satisfied
- you hit a dead end where a Trusty package is compiled against a
  different version of some library than the one in Xenial, at which
  point you need to build these things from source or have them
  repackaged for Xenial/Flidas

However, since cwirc seems intended for use with xchat, and since you
have not asked anyone to package xchat for you, just cwirc, I wonder if
perhaps you plan to use cwirc with hexchat? If this is correct, the
proper solution is to repackage cwirc to depend on hexchat and
hexchat-common instead.