[Trisquel-users] ThinkPad W510 Wifi - Whitelist, Replacement Cards..

calmstorm at posteo.de calmstorm at posteo.de
Fri Feb 8 00:23:29 CET 2019

Here is one idea:

https://www.thinkpenguin.com/gnu-linux/penguin-wireless-n-usb-adapter-gnu-linux-tpe-n150usb

If you cannot use a form of coreboot/me cleaner then you should probably
either A: do the above, or B: get a new laptop.

The X230 is the most recent coreboot laptop that I know you can strip down
the intel me 95% including the network stack.

But for that, you would be better off buying from here:
http://zerocat.org/shop-en.html

IF not, and this is a better option, in fact I am typing from this:  A
libreboot device.  Such as the x200, T400, X60 64 bit, (which can be done via
software if you extremely careful!)

I use an x200,

for a more complete list of libreboot devices,:

https://libreboot.org/docs/install/

But yeah, for now I recommend the usb adapter I mentioned