[Trisquel-users] backup over local network

Mason Hock mason at masonhock.com
Wed Feb 6 08:12:23 CET 2019

I have recently set up a desktop computer with Hyperbola, connected to
my router via LAN. I connect to the same router, usually via WiFi, from
my laptop running Trisquel. I'd like a good setup for backing up
important directories (~/Mail, ~/Documents, etc.) from the Trisquel
laptop to the Hyperbola desktop. I'm a total beginner when it comes to
networking, and I'd appreciate guidance as to the best approach. It
seems like NFS might work, but I'd appreciate any suggestions from those
more experienced. I'd prefer to keep running Hyperbola on the desktop
and Trisquel on the laptop, but if using two different distros is going
to be a problem I'm open to changing that.