[Trisquel-users] GNU/Linux installation on libreboot machines

igorfree at protonmail.com igorfree at protonmail.com
Thu Dec 20 14:47:50 CET 2018

 > That's because the X200 is a reasonably fast machine. Still. After all
these years.

So true, I'm amazed at how fast it is. I have a desktop machine, with a
higher-end Core2Quad (each core is about the same speed as on the Core2Duo of
my X200), which recently got an upgrade in the form of an SSD. It's a SanDisk
drive, supposedly it should do 6 Gb/s. And the X200 still not only keeps up,
but might be a little bit faster on KDE login and definitely boots up a lot
faster. Everything else that I tried - a clear honest tie, except for 3D of
course, but the desktop machine has a GeForce GT6xx card. I don't feel like
the X200 slows me down a bit, fast and responsive all the time. Even does HD
video well. Can't try FullHD out, because my monitor can't handle it :-D