[Trisquel-users] Partitioning for average end user.

igorfree at protonmail.com igorfree at protonmail.com
Wed Dec 5 12:52:41 CET 2018

With 4GB of RAM I'd suggest having a swap partition. Just in case, who knows
how many applications will be running at some point all at once.

So, if the computer supports using MBR, this is my suggested partition
scheme:

/       ext4           60GB
/swap                  2xRAM size = 8GB
/home   ext4           all the rest = about 425GB

This way you have a huge root partition, you will probably never run out of
space, even after installing every application that is remotely interesting
to you. You also have twice as much swap as RAM, so you are never likely to
run out of that too. And you still have way over 400GB for home, which is
huge imho. If you want to store lots of videos in HD, you will need an extra
drive anyway.