[Trisquel-users] Ruben's talk won't be available via livestream but instead recorded and uploaded.

J.B. Nicholson-Owens jbn at forestfield.org
Sun Aug 31 17:44:48 CEST 2014

davidvargas1 at mac.com wrote:
> My opinion
> As a Trisquel and gnu/linux user.  MR. RMS opinion is completly
> unfounded, IT DOES MATTER to others, for THE recorded audio and VIDEO to
> EXIST and be available to all the TRISQUEL users!

On the contrary, RMS's opinion is very well grounded because he takes
the long view. If FSF-backed projects are backed with nonfree software
the FSF's message (the ideas conveyed in these recordings) will be
undermined by their chosen methods. If the FSF relied on nonfree systems
for their recordings it would be all too easy to effectively criticize
along the lines of 'They can't do what they do without nonfree software'
in an attempt to keep people from talking about and working on software
freedom. Such distractions are to be avoided.

>   YET,I FEEL THAT THE KIND OF ATTITUDE IS COMPLETLY BIAS AND UNFAIR TO
> ALL TRISQUEL USERS.

The FSF is explicitly biased in favor of Free Software for good reasons.
They want to make it possible for everyone to use exclusively Free
Software to do anything people want to do with computers.