[Trisquel-users] Munich gives up on GNU/Linux and free/open source software

a1716479 at trbvm.com a1716479 at trbvm.com
Sun Aug 31 04:16:47 CEST 2014

      If you don’t think Linux is about creating a secure environment, then
find me one Dev who thinks allowing third party executables to be installed
with a double-click should be permitted in their distribution.  I would argue
that security is a core tenant of the free software movement.

      When missionaries converted native Americans to Christianity, they
started by including some of the native traditions into Christian ceremony,
and even built hybrid monastery huts to ease the transition.

      I'm not here to stir s⁠h⁠i⁠t up, and I won't force my beliefs on
anyone, but when I need to run a virtual machine to achieve certain
functionality, there is more work that needs to be done.  If I could do it
myself, I would.

      Your second point is only true if development stops, and proprietary was
somehow "better" than free software, or incapable of achieving these things.

      Focusing ONLY on ideals can be taken to the level of the absurd.  People
need exposer to the free software world, before they can ever understand the
ideology.

      Finally I think most of the problems causing interaction between
proprietary software and the Linux kernel are created by hardware developers.
  That and "my Linux box doesn't support (x).