[Trisquel-users] Password manager integration in IceCat?

garsmith at muchomail.com garsmith at muchomail.com
Sat Aug 30 23:32:10 CEST 2014

Thanks...

I have solved it. It was easy now. The answer is to close most of the times.
Im posting what I did if someone has the same problem here was I did. I may
not remember everything 100% correct but the text below seems to be right. I
have not double checked if it works.

Followed this guide:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/291002/how-to-integrate-keypass2-and-firefox-using-keefox-passifox-in-ubuntu-13-04-13

ALMOST QUOTE:
--
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:jtaylor/keepass
(Only needed if you want latest version)

Start KeePass2 - Create a database, give it a nice password and save it. Quit
KeePass2.

Install KeeFox.

Go to Keefox Option: Click Advanced Tab and Locate your database file by
clicking Browse...

Then Click KeePass next to Advanced Tab:
Set KeePassRPC Location probably it will be in:
/home/$User/.mozilla/firefox/RANDOM.default/extensions/keefox at chris.tomlinson/deps

Set KeePass Installation Location:
/usr/lib/keepass2

Set Mono Location:
/usr/bin/mono

Now copy KeePassRPC.plgx file from
/home/$User/.mozilla/firefox/RANDOM.default/extensions/keefox at chris.tomlinson/deps

And Paste it to folder
/usr/lib/keepass2

Start KeePass2. KeePass2 will find new plugin and you have to verify it with
a little password generated by KeePass in KeeFox popup window.
--
Most of this could be done automatic by KeeFox installation.

After this KeeFox on every site says "You are not logged in to your password
database." and wants to have KeePass2 running in the background even when it
isnt needed. To remove that message I found under KeeFox settings,
Notifications to remove the option "Display a notification bar when KeePass
needs to be opened". How that will impact the rest of how KeePass2 and KeeFox
works I do not yet know. Just started using it.