[Trisquel-users] Problems Installing Abrowser/Icecat

a1716479 at trbvm.com a1716479 at trbvm.com
Fri Aug 29 07:50:30 CEST 2014

      I added the PPA (sudo add-apt-repository ppa:legimet/abrowser-kde) and
updated synaptic.  Everything went fine up to that point.  Then I
accidentally installed Abrowser (which worked btw I launched it) instead of
Icecat...  So I marked everything for complete removal, and synaptic said it
removed everything.  The problem is synaptic now says the Icecat package is
broken, but wont let me "fix broken package".  I recorded all the error
messages if needed, but this seems to be the major one.

E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by
held packages.
E: Unable to correct dependencies
E: Unable to lock the list directory

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Icecat is my favorite browser, and
I've donated to the project.