[Trisquel-users] Munich gives up on GNU/Linux and free/open source software

joel at centrifugal.me joel at centrifugal.me
Thu Aug 28 03:50:29 CEST 2014

I believe it may be possible to override the convenience factor by providing
informative and free (actually as in gratis) classes with FREE software. This
could be foundation courses such as image manipulation, video/audio editing,
basic web development, and—importantly—computer programming (especially
video games for the kids).

Perhaps this may be best via existing institutions, e.g., public libraries.
These courses could be sprinkled with why FREE software is important; for
example, perhaps a facilitator may share the reasons "why" she teaches the
course.

The program could focus on the very young—elementary school level—but may
also be open to the general public. Notably, it could even target senior
citizens...basic word processing our even HTML. We need these voices.

I think the power is with the users; the people that are doing things. If the
young to start very young...especially those who wouldn't normally have
access to computer programming...we may be in store for some new/unexpected
work and much needed change in "the industry" and art.

These are some initial thoughts; I'm still reflecting.