[Trisquel-users] Trying to install the drivers for Netis WF-2109 wifi adapter and don't know how to use Terminal

adurp at yahoo.com adurp at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 28 02:30:14 CEST 2014

Hi,
I'm trying to install the driver for a wireless adapter. The first part is to
make an 8192C USB Linux driver. The steps are:

1) uncompress the "blahblahblah.tar.gz" file in the driver directory
 >tar zxvf blahblahblah.tar.gz
I think this gave me a file. I went inside that file.
2)make 8192C USB driver module
 >make

I tried this but it doesn't recognize make as a command. What am I doing
wrong?

3)clean operation environment
 >./clean
4)insert 8192C USB modules
 >insmod 8192cu.ko
5)enable wlan0 interface
 >inconfig wlan0 up
6)setup IP address
 >ifconfig wlan0 192.168.1.100

Is there anything I need to know about the other steps? I'm assuming that I
replace the IP address they listed with my own.

Thanks for your help.