[Trisquel-users] LibreBin - Share any text securely

aliasbody at gmail.com aliasbody at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 11:05:31 CEST 2014

Hello jxself and onpon4,

You are right, the problem with this system is the fact that the key is sent
to the server and the possibility (if the main code is changed) to a third
party to use that key to decrypt the message using the server (or an external
function).

Has I said it is just a prototype, the final idea is to provide a lot of
different encryptions until the v1.0 release, because people have different
necessities (and diferent machines and browsers).

I was planning on doing this method as the normal one, and then offer the
same but with a typed passed (the person who writes the text also writes
himself the password), this way the key (password) isn't sended to the
server, and when the other user opens the link, he needs to type the password
in order for it to be decrypted on his own computer (without the need of the
server).

Another idea is the GnuPG as well, but I would need to learn more about it
(and how to make it work with javascript).

I would also need to think of a way to do it without javascript, as I already
know that a lot of people chose to not use Javascript (for security reasons),
of course something like that wouldn't be as secure but in that area the
GnuPG could be the solution.