[Trisquel-users] I know this is silly, but is there a GNU replacement for mspaint?

taknamay at gmail.com taknamay at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 19:18:28 CEST 2014

I have been thinking for a while that it would be nice to have a free/libre,
cross-platform, exact 1:1 replica of XP-era MS Paint. Additional features
(layers, tabs) could be toggled by a setting, but if you turn them off it
would be exactly like MS Paint (except for non-intrusive features like
unlimited undo).

I don't know if that would have legal problems, but it would be great for my
sprite artist who is most comfortable with MS Paint right now. I feel like
GIMP is not very good on Windows nor is it good for pixel art. There is
Pinta, but that has a .NET dependency that I wasn't able to install on
Windows somehow. There's Aseprite but I don't think they could compile it and
she doesn't want to waste money in case she ends up preferring MS Paint
anyway.