[Trisquel-users] Trisquel 7 Keyboard indicator.

mve1 at runbox.com mve1 at runbox.com
Fri Aug 22 19:30:14 CEST 2014

Hi Mampir,

Sorry for the late response. The fix you described worked well, thank you so
much! As you mention, the keyboard indicator icon is now a huge keyboard with
no indication of current language. I will experiment with the "flags" option
to see if I can get it to show the actual layout.

The ability to switch languages is also now present on the password screen at
login. The language shown there does not always correspond to the actual
keyboard language that is active, but the layout can be changed. This is
especially useful for users who use very different keyboard layouts (eg.
non-western), as there was some risk without the keyboard switcher for a user
to become permanently locked out from their account.

I will report back if the "flags" option can be used to fix the current
non-indicator icon.

Finally, I followed your instructions and istalled GNOME shell and GDM as
well.