[Trisquel-users] I want to share this interview with RMS

jabjabs at fastmail.com.au jabjabs at fastmail.com.au
Wed Aug 20 03:02:27 CEST 2014

Oh yeah that is one of his great interviews, he is one of those people that
you can bring up any subject and he will have a definite opinion on it even
if that is just to say "I don't know" - it is better than making something
up.

Also yes Freedom is not easy, it is very hard to obtain and maintain. In fact
I'm currently writing an Essay on this topic at the very moment, essentially
the reason we need Free software (the typical stuff - the intro), how I
personally came to believe it is right thing to do and the third and biggest
part the difficulties of sticking to it and the temptations of the old ways.

Even when he is not around there will always be others to carry the torch.
For instance here is a talk from Bradley M Kuhn's on the GNU audio/video page
(http://audio-video.gnu.org/audio/bradley-m-kuhn-software-freedom-and-the-gnu-generation-07-2002.ogg).
This really put a nice new perspective on the same free software issues.
There will always be others.