[Trisquel-users] all-in-one computer options

cmhobbs at members.fsf.org cmhobbs at members.fsf.org
Wed Aug 20 02:17:55 CEST 2014

My son really likes to use the computers at the local library and I've been
looking to replace my mac mini which runs Xubuntu (I'm not sure Trisquel
would have the necessary drivers).  I believe an all-in-one would be a good
fit here at home but I'm having trouble identifying one that might be
friendly to Free Software.

The ones at his library appear to be ASUS machines running "AWE"
(http://www.awelearning.com/).  I believe AWE might be a GNU/Linux variant
because it has applications like tuxpaint installed, which my son immediately
recognized from home.

I like ASUS gear but their line of machines is quite confusing.  It appears
as if System76 has a good all-in-one, but it may be a little out of my price
range.

Is anyone running Trisquel on an all-in-one?  Are there any known to be Free
Software friendly?

I'm off to comb h-node for the time being.

Thanks!