[Trisquel-users] Munich gives up on GNU/Linux and free/open source software

nux at blueyonder.co.uk nux at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Aug 19 22:28:21 CEST 2014

"Microsoft, whose German HQ relocates to Munich in 2016, say they are 'ready
to talk' if and when things change."

I think it pretty much explains the whole situation. Sad to say, but given
Microsoft's previous tactics I don't give Linux much of a chance in Munich in
the long term. It would be a fantastic victory for Microsoft for them to "win
the city back" and they'll make much of it if they do and a perpetual thorn
in their sides to have the city their German HQ is in not using Windows.

That said, there are plenty of other examples of Linux being used elsewhere
in Europe, Munich is just another city and anyone with a brain will spot the
Microsoft connection to any pressure they might be under.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Linux_adopters