[Trisquel-users] Munich gives up on GNU/Linux and free/open source software

tegskywalker at hotmail.com tegskywalker at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 19 16:54:06 CEST 2014

I think the real reason is that people are so hung up on Microsoft Office and
used to the interface and the tools. Other than that, they can use the same
web browsers (Chrome, Chromium, Firefox) and have the ability to open and
save PDF files on the majority of GNU/Linux distros.

LibreOffice, if it had an interface that wasn't straight out of 1997,
probably would have been better received. The look of that office suite has
been an issue for a long time and all we got were some graphical mockups from
a few years ago with nothing actually happening. I use it because its free,
but to the average consumer, it looks amateur and horribly dated.

I know you guys hate to hear this, but if they used an interface that was
friendly to Windows (Cinnamon or MATE) and/or Mac (Elementary OS), then it
would have been better. Heck, even using Ubuntu with Unity would have been an
improvement.

I had never heard of the OS they used for the deployment and it was probably
not the best option to go with something that wasn't Ubuntu or at least
Ubuntu based. What the hell is LiMux?