[Trisquel-users] Problems with AMD screen resolution

legimet.calc at gmail.com legimet.calc at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 02:50:12 CEST 2014

I had the same issue on someone else's computer but never got to fix it. For
now it has Trisquel 6 without LTS enablement Xorg.

Try un-blacklisting the radeon kernel module in
/etc/modprobe.d/disable-radeon.conf (comment out the line). But I don't think
it will work for your graphics card because it's too new and probably
requires the nonfree microcode for KMS (I had that issue)

I didn't try further, but you could try compiling a version of libdrm without
radeon KMS support.