[Trisquel-users] Antwort: Trisquel 7 official release?

Quiliro Ordóñez Baca quiliro at congresolibre.org
Fri Aug 15 17:47:21 CEST 2014

El 15/08/14 a las 03:27, andreakoeth en sxmail.de escibió:
> hi quiliro en congres..
>
> They run in these distributions:
>
> Ubuntu, LinuxMint, Ubuntu DesktopPack, Fedora, Xubuntu, Kubuntu
>
> So I hope, that there will be a possibility to get them work in
> Trisquel. Because in my current Installation of Ubuntu DesktopPack.

Those are nonfree distributions. They are installing software that does
not respect your freedom. If you want to help make free firmware/drivers
for you card, there are several ways to do so:
- offer to pay someone to try to reverse engineer
- crowdsource to pay for the above
- offer to chip in for the above
- reverse engineer yourself
The alternative to the above is to buy another card (usb or internal) or
to let the maker of the card violate your rights and of the whole
community though you and and us if we also accept his unfair conditions.
Please try to avoid this unfairness.

--
Saludos libres,
Quiliro Ordóñez