[Trisquel-users] Trisquel 7 Keyboard indicator.

mve1 at runbox.com mve1 at runbox.com
Fri Aug 15 01:14:46 CEST 2014

Thank you for your guidance and encouragement Quiliro! I will start reading
the book tonight. In the meantime:

Steps taken to reproduce the problem:

1) Boot Trisquel 7 live CD.
2) Go to System Settings > Region & Language > Input Sources tab.
3) Click on + button on lower left side of screen and add a keyboard layout.
4) Add another keyboard layout (i.e. Must have at least two keyboard
layouts).
5) Nothing happens; the keyboard indicator does not appear on the task bar.

Also:

6) In Input Sources tab, click on "Shortcut Settings" link. Set a shortcut or
use existing one.
7) Open LibreOffice Writer test keyboard layout. Use assigned shortcut for
next or previous source (from shortcut settings). Keyboard layout does not
change.

If the same steps are taken on a Trisquel 6 Live CD (add new keyboard through
System Settings > Keyboard > Layout tab), the keyboard indicator
automatically appears on task bar after adding a second keyboard.

a) Re. PPA:
I would rather not add any PPA that might contain non-free software. Even if
only temporarily.

b) I tried adding keyboard layouts as explained above, but it did not work.

Thank you again. I hope my question asking will improve soon :)

Saludos libres,
fbit