[Trisquel-users] Request for WLAN-card support

andreakoeth at sxmail.de andreakoeth at sxmail.de
Thu Aug 14 23:22:44 CEST 2014

hi together,

I would like to switch to Trisquel and tested it also out already with a
Live-system. There I found out, that my WLAN-card and my Ethernet-card are
not supported, although they run with Ubuntu and ubuntu-based distros since
years already. I have run it from Ubuntu 8.10 until Ubuntu 13, then switched
over to LinuxMint 9 Isadora. There I went to to LinuxMint 15. Then I switched
away to Ubunt-Pack (ucrainian ubuntu-based distro) as this distro inuxMint
will only get fresh sources every two years from now on.

But I would really like to come to Trisquel, because I first test went quite
well so far, although I found out, that your distro does not support my
Wifi-card and my ethernet-card.

Here some Information, which might be important for the administrators here:

Wifi-card:

02:00.0 Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8188CE
802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter (rev 01)

Ethernet-card:

03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller (rev 05)

So my question would be: can these both please be supported for your
upcomeing release of Trisquel 7?? Is there a possibility?? This would help a
lot and make switching more easy for me.

Thanks for all support in advance.