[Trisquel-users] us.archive.trisquel.info very very slow initially, using es.archive.trisquel.info instead

greg at brim.net greg at brim.net
Wed Aug 13 02:51:42 CEST 2014

Not sure why, but I noticed when doing an apt-get update that
us.archive.trisquel.info is very very slow, but just initially; seems to
download packages fine once it gets going. It didn't used to be this way,
say, a few weeks ago.

Anyway, I was trying out Trisquel 7 net install and noticed the same horrible
slowness, so I just switched to es.archive.trisquel.info and that seems to be
working perfectly.

Not that big a deal, just figured I'd mention it in case someone else runs
into the same thing -- though it's quite likely something to do with my
network between here and there.