[Trisquel-users] Join us in Orlando Florida for Fossetcon 2014 September 11th - 13th

chris at thinkpenguin.com chris at thinkpenguin.com
Mon Aug 11 21:37:20 CEST 2014

It's probably because the sponsors/exhibitors are picking a lot of it up, but
$10 certainly isn't bad, but other events we've gone to have even had free or
cheap admission too.

Here are some of the prices to the best of my recollection at various event
we've attended more recently:

Ohio Linux Fest: free
Fosscon: free
South East: free
North East: free
North West: free
LibrePlanet: free for FSF members ($35 students, $90 non-members)
HOPE: around $90

We've been to at least one event where the cost to sponsors/exhibitors was as
low as $0.13-$0.17 per attendee, but in each case the attendee ticket ran
around $100 - $200 and the event(s) had 1700-3000 people in attendance.
Comparing those events to this event the cost to sponsors/exhibitors is high
starting at about $1.25 per attendee with an estimated attendance of about
600 people.