[Trisquel-users] Setting up a Trisquel box at a public library

onpon4 at riseup.net onpon4 at riseup.net
Fri Aug 8 12:03:37 CEST 2014

I would disagree with claiming that it doesn't work for "entertainment
websites" for two reasons:

1. It suggests that Trisquel is only suitable for research and work. This can
make Trisquel seem more boring than it is.

2. It doesn't cover all cases of Flash use anyway. I've seen at least one
case of a website designed for submitting homework that required Flash in
many places and actually refused to let you even try to answer the questions
if you didn't have Flash installed.

I'd suggest you just be up-front about it: say that Flash is not installed
and that this is not an accident. Perhaps include a web address where they
can find more information. Maybe people will decide that the decision is
stupid, but it won't render the system useless; Flash really is unnecessary.