[Trisquel-users] Setting up a Trisquel box at a public library

ssjgokux3 at gmail.com ssjgokux3 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 06:44:15 CEST 2014

Hey everyone,

Okay so I am trying to blueprint a GNU/Linux box for educational use at my
local library and I am completely f****** terrified.

I want to use ONLY free software but I also am trying to build the machine
for use by local students to do their homework on and for anyone of any age
to use it to learn something or study or research. I'm specifically trying to
design the machine to where anyone can learn programming, math, languages,
chemistry, history, geography, etc etc However, I'm experiencing some anxiety
here:

How would I set the machine up for people who are working on something that
requires use of a Flash-based website? Because, I'm sorry to say, Gnash is
just f****** terrible and never works with anything it seems and I end up
bashing my head against my keyboard after spending 4 straight hours trying to
configure it to work. No. Really. I do.

I got around the Youtube issue with Gnash by installing an add-on to Abrowser
called "Youtube ALL HTML5" so it uses HTML5 now but what about other sites?

My other question is has anyone here ever implemented a libre box at their
local library for educational use? Or some other similar scenario? Looking
for experienced help here.

Thank you for your time and patience with my overly anxious and rather blunt
behavior :)