[Trisquel-users] Trisquel 7 - Initial questions & comments.

mve1 at runbox.com mve1 at runbox.com
Fri Aug 8 02:17:13 CEST 2014

Hi everyone! I've installed Trisquel 7 and it seems to work great :) I have a
few initial questions & comments as I am not very knowledgeable and would
really appreciate some help:

1) What version of Ubuntu is Trisquel 7 based on?

2) I use a custom configuration for my keyboard located in a file named
.Xmodmap in ~/. For some reason the keys are not being remapped. Is there
something special I have to do for this to work?

3) I'd like to migrate all settings from abrowser to icecat. Is there a
simple way to do this (browsing history would also be welcome).

4) Most of the times, when I click on the trisquel menu (trisquel logo on the
task bar) it automatically clicks into "power off" or "logout." I have the
trackpad set for click (as opposed to just pressing on it). Is this a bug and
is there a way to stop this behavior?

5) I'd like to install Linux-Libre Kernel from jxself. Do I follow the same
procedure as for Trisquel 6? i.e.
https://trisquel.info/en/wiki/update-linux-libre-kernel

6) I was trying to run a bash script that required administrator priviledges
and got the following message:

~$ no talloc stackframe at ../source3/param/loadparm.c:4864, leaking memory

Is this something to worry about?

That's it for now. A huge thank you to Ruben and everyone else who
contributed to this great release! :)