[Trisquel-users] Removing services not needed - Need advice

mampir at lavabit.com mampir at lavabit.com
Wed Aug 6 22:48:49 CEST 2014

One should also see, if the services are listening for outside connections or
only local ones.  I use the ss -lt command for that.  As I remember, Trisquel
7 doesn't listen for anything from outside by default.  The output of ss
should look like this:

Local Address:Port
     127.0.0.1:ipp
     127.0.0.1:9050
     127.0.1.1:domain
           ::1:ipp

Addresses like 127.0.0.1, 127.0.1.1 and ::1 are local addresses.  Other
computers can't connect to your computer using these address:ports.

With sudo ss -ltp you can see which processes are listening on each port, if
you want to stop them.  For example, 127.0.0.1:ipp is cups.