[Trisquel-users] LibreTrend - My Vision of Free Software

aliasbody at gmail.com aliasbody at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 12:52:45 CEST 2014

Hello Jabjabs,

Thank you for your support :)

The Free BIOS is on the RoadMap, I wish this first LibreBox will have this
Free Bios, if not this one the next model, but there will be in the near
future a Free Bios, and then the LibreBox name will fit this beautiful
computer perfectly :D

Exactly as you said, the great thing about MIPS is that there are already
Free Software Bios for it so working with it would be much easier as a start.
The problem here is really the GPU, where in order to only use a Free Bios,
or we choose to not include it (like the first Lemote netbook) or we will
have to make a Free Firmware out of it. But I think that everything is
possible with a lot of work.

Let's see what the future brings to the LibreBox :)