[Trisquel-users] LibreTrend - My Vision of Free Software

jabjabs at fastmail.com.au jabjabs at fastmail.com.au
Wed Aug 6 04:37:19 CEST 2014

Wow, not only is the freedom of this product very cool indeed - it looks
amazing! Like high end audio equipment. That is always a good combo to have.

Time to spread the word on this (it is in my email signature already) as the
market for freedom respecting hardware is a very difficult to come across. I
understand that it is very difficult to get a free bios/firmware based system
as well but at least it is on your road map for future development.

As for the MIPS/ARM debate, it is always difficult to decide on ISA's. It
really is better based on the surrounding infrastructure than just the
processor itself. The problem is finding a free ARM firmware might still be a
big request. MIPS might just become a standard because it is already ready
for use.

On the up side if you do go MIPS and potentially use the Loongson processor,
you will practically be the only one that can deliver that product in the
field while being easily accessible.