[Trisquel-users] Removing services not needed - Need advice

gnuser at lavabit.com gnuser at lavabit.com
Tue Aug 5 21:40:31 CEST 2014

While I appreciate the time you spent writing your reply, I think you
misunderstood my purpose here. I am asking about services that USUALLY run in
most (if not all) linux distros. Of course, some distros might have one or
two slight changes, but in general services like ftp, ssh, telnet, ping, etc,
are running in all linux distros. Hence, I believe this might be beneficial
for people who want to try the same with Trisquel, AND, I believe I might get
some usefull suggestions and contributions here. Both sides win, which is
perfect for me. Since I already had an account here I choose to post it here
first (might as well ask the same question there later, you have a point
there).
Of course, if you think this is not worthy of being posted here, I understand
you will not try to give any more help and advice. I don't want to force
anyone to participate, I'm just looking for help in this small project of
mine. I would still like to know which services you usually shutdown that
might reduce the amount of listening your computer does on the network.
Thanks for your reply in advance.