[Trisquel-users] LibreTrend - My Vision of Free Software

aliasbody at gmail.com aliasbody at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 18:04:21 CEST 2014

Hello quantumgravity,

Thank you for your support :)

I am trying to do my best with what I can. Here in Portugal Free Software is
almost non existent, and trying to work and provide good services under those
conditions is really hard (and this without mention all of the crises
histories which everyone seen on the news cutting everything from
everywhere).

My dream was a fully free software computer with the BIOS also free software
as a final product, but I quickly noticed that something like that required
more than knowledge, it required a huge financial need just for testing (I am
not even talking about commercialization). The good news is that I only have
the plans, I only have the tools, I just need more time and a growing company
in order to be able to only sell computers with Free Software everywhere even
on the BIOS (and why not using Intel modern CPU's like Intel i3, i5 or i7...
but for now it just a dream.

What I have in my hands is a beautiful piece of hardware with high
possibilities to become Free Software and I will do everything I can to make
it possible.

As for ThinkPenguin, I already had the pleasure to talk directly to Chris
(via email), I asked him for advises because I knew that, no one better than
him would know how this "market" (if we can call this a market) works, and he
gave me a lot of helpful advises. Starting everything from my own, and seeing
with my own eyes the difficulty of running a business like this in a world
like this make me understand how hard it is to anyone, even to him with the
know-how that he has, to create and distribute a computer with a Free Bios
and commercialize it.

I make those plans because this is something I am already working on on my
spare time. For me the Free Bios is the top 1 goal for now, but I don't have
the perfect knowledge to make it work on my own, if I had it maybe things
would be different.

The problem for now is only that this company don't run alone, I have a full
time job, but things may change quickly, when this time arrives, this goal
may be closer than I thought.