[Trisquel-users] LibreTrend - My Vision of Free Software

aliasbody at gmail.com aliasbody at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 16:19:08 CEST 2014

Hello Michał Masłowski :)

Answering your question :

Q: Why MIPS and not ARM for future products ?
A: That is a good question. To be honest I didn't looked to much into ARM
products for two reasons :

1 - For some reason I see MIPS more close to the actual architectures of our
modern computer than ARM. And yes I know how this isn't right.

2 - MIPS as a well known support to Free Software thanks to the work (not
exclusively) of Lemote. Because of this I think that there is a lot of work
that can be done using this same base, and a lot of this work could be good
for the Free Software community. Having a set of devices running on the same
base, which already works only with Free Software, could be a good bet for
future products using Free Software exclusively.

But I haven't forgot ARM, and when the times comes I will see what is the
best on this field to everyone. For now the only thing I can do is focus on
what is already here : The LibreBox :)

I hope I answered your questions well :)