[Trisquel-users] LibreTrend - My Vision of Free Software

aliasbody at gmail.com aliasbody at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 14:30:21 CEST 2014

LibreTrend - My Vision of Free Software

Hello Everyone,

A long time as passed since the last time I've posted anything on this Forum,
and I have to say that, looking at the news about the new Trisquel Gnu/Linux
being in work (and after testing it) I have to say that the future of
Trisquel Gnu/Linux brings some cool stuff to us Free Software (and Trisquel
Gnu/Linux) enthusiasts.

With this in mind I wanted to quickly talk about my project.

For the ones who remember, my first post on this forum (17 September of 2012,
Titled -
https://trisquel.info/en/forum/just-question-all-free-software-users-student)
was about my problem to only use Free Software as a student here in my home
country (Portugal), I contacted RMS and then posted the email on this Forum
in order for anyone to tell me, if possible, what I could possibly do beside
the opinion given by RMS itself. I have received a lot of answer, my post is
still one of the most commented on this forum (in the 15th position), and I
want to thank you all for this.
I've been taking my time to understand Trisquel Gnu/Linux, understand better
what is Free Software and why it is so important, and to do that I've been
using Trisquel Gnu/Linux as a "bridge of knowledge" between what I know and
what the community know that I don't.

With this in mind I've created a company called LibreTrend dedicated only to
Free Software with the final goal to produce Hardware and Software of any
kind (including external development and support) only using (and with the
goal to provide exclusively) Free Software.

So I've start searching how business work here, how they work with software,
what is the mentality towards Free Software... And finally, where Free
Software can be implemented in order to help them.

And this is why I've developed the first LibreTrend product, the LibreBox.

The LibreBox is a small (20x20x4 cm) and beautiful (fully black alloy)
computer dedicated 100% to Free Software. Every piece of hardware as been
chosen to be used with a Free Software OS.

This is the work I've been doing since I carefully read all of your comments,
all of you opinions, not only in my Topic but also in the forum in general,
this is what gave me the strength to do it, that Free Software strength which
runs on this Forum's veins.

I am established in my country as a seller, but now I am launching online,
and to start well I want to give you, the Community and Trisquel Gnu/Linux
itself, a gift. I know that this doesn't look like a huge gift but it is the
best I can do for now.

My gift is the following, every user of the Forum Trisquel Gnu/Linux, who see
this posts and uses the COUPON on the bottom to purchase, will have a 6%
discount on the Computer final price (not including shipping). This discount
will be applied to your order and the value will be reversed as a donation to
Trisquel Gnu/Linux. This COUPON is valid for 10 individuals purchases which
mean that this can't be used twice by the same person, if the request is high
I'll create a new COUPON with a greater discount and a bigger quantity.

This is my humble way to say thank you !

Once again thank you, everyone, for everything. And if you have any questions
or comments please let me know here :)

Best Regards,
Luis Da Costa

WEBSITE : https://www.libretrend.com