[Trisquel-users] Penguin GNU / Linux Laptop /w 1920x1080 Matte Screen Now Shipping

chris at thinkpenguin.com chris at thinkpenguin.com
Thu Jul 4 07:56:54 CEST 2013

It appears to me this rep did everything possible to avoid telling you that
it wouldn't work and even attempted to mislead you into thinking it might
work. I wonder if she worked in public relations at some point because she
would be very good at it.

The facts:

1. There are no technical or legal restrictions placed on the customer that
prevent them from swapping card.

2. There ARE technical digital restrictions in the BIOS that will prevent the
card from working.

3. The rep used words to suggest you buy the laptop and then inquire rather
than inquire before purchasing.

#3 Being done so that it increases sales- if people know about the
anti-feature they'd avoid it. If thee is a possibility and they get it they
are more likely to give in... it's just too much work to return.