[Trisquel-users] Moral Dilemma With Gaming/Drivers

onpon4 at gmail.com onpon4 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 20:13:08 CET 2013

The thing about Nvidia cards is since Nvidia does not cooperate with us, the
only support available for them is from reverse-engineering. It has produced
good results, but that means newer cards might not work so well yet.

Like I said, you really should get Intel graphics if you can. Intel actually
provides specifications and free drivers/firmware for GNU/Linux (for their
graphics controllers; I think it varies for WiFi cards). But if you can't use
Intel graphics, you should get an older Nvidia card that is known to work
well, like the one http://libre.thinkpenguin.com sells (I have that card and
it works very nicely).