[Trisquel-users] Ghostery or Do not track on Abrowser

wolftune at gmail.com wolftune at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 00:32:00 CET 2013

Neat, but looks complex to set up. Also, without subscribable lists like
Adblock Plus has, it won't be anywhere near as effective and accurate.

Finally, I'm not convinced that this is a full answer, mostly because I don't
really understand it.

I've personally now taken to using Adblock and NoScript and Ghostery all at
once. Ghostery is non-free, I know, but I'm not convinced that I get the same
results any other way, and they seem to be an honorable organization
otherwise. NoScript blocks most things, but sometimes I whitelist a page for
scripting I want, and then I find that Ghostery still blocks some of the
scripts, and the result is a better functioning page but I still keep my
privacy. I'm into FLOSS enough to be interested in Trisquel, but I still
believe that there is room for discretion in any particular case to figure
out what is the best thing to do.